The Visas to Moldova are issued exclusively by the Diplomatic and Consular Missions of the Republic of Moldova abroad. If there is no consular or diplomatic mission of the RM in the country of residence of the citizens wanting to visit Moldova they can get it in the Republic of Moldova by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs including consular offices at the internal border crossings (Chisinau Airport, Cahul, Leuseni, Sculeni,).
Diplomatic, service, simple, tourist and transit visas are issued on the basis of Invitation. Visitors are required to register their passport at the police registration offices within 3 days of arrival.
The citizens of the following states do not need entry visas for the Republic of Moldova if their period of stay doesnít exceed 90 days:
- the member states of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Great Britain, Holland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
- Canada, Japan, Iceland, Norway, Swiss Confederation, USA;
- CIS (except Turkmenistan) member states: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
The citizens of the following states donít need invitations for obtaining of visas for a period of stay up to 90 days.
The holders of the diplomatic passports, who are citizens of China, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, do not need visas for the entry on the territory of the Republic of Moldova for the period of 90 days during 6 months.
These are the necessary documents for visa obtaining:
1. filled in and signed visa application form
2. travel document (valid for at least six months after the date of expiry of the requested visa)
3. the latest photograph (35x45mm, 1.5''x2.0'')
4. Simple visa - the invitation, presented in original, issued by the Department of Migration.
††† Business visa- the invitation, presented in original and issued by the Bureau of Migration and ††
Asylum or the letter of the Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and †††
††† Tourist visa- the invitation, presented in original and issued by the Department of Migration / †
the tourist voucher issued by a tourist agency from the Republic of Moldova.
††† Transit visa- the entry visa for a certain state, or any other document that offers the right to †
enter the territory of a neighbouring state; the train, airplane or vehicle ticket that confirms the
transit of the territory of the Republic of Moldova.
If you have any questions regarding visa regime in the RM please donít hesitate to contact the agency West
for short-term and long-term rent in Chisinau, Moldova